GUIDE TO PROSPECTIVE ENTREPRENEUR (BUSINESS VISITOR) VISA
The Prospective Entrepreneur visa is for people who are in discussions with venture capitalists or UK government departments to join, set up, or take over and be actively involved in the running of a business in the United Kingdom.
Wings Global Navigator will help you to get Invitation Letter from FCA Registered Venture Capital, so you can apply from your home country.
Easy switching option inside the UK: – As a Prospective Entrepreneur you can apply to switch into Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) category and, if successful, you will then be granted a visa for 3 years and 4 months.
- Attending meetings (which may be arranged when in the UK), including interviews that have been arranged before you come to the UK, or conferences;
- Attending trade fairs, provided this is restricted to promotional work and does not involve selling direct to members of the public, arranging deals, negotiating or signing trade agreements, contracts and the like;
- Undertaking fact-finding missions, conducting site visits;
- Purchasing, checking details of or examining goods;
- Speaking at a ‘one-off’ conference which is not run as a commercial concern; and
- Recruiting staff in relation to your proposed business activity.
PROSPECTIVE ENTREPRENEUR (BUSINESS VISITOR) VISA REQUIREMENTS
To come to the UK as a prospective entrepreneur (Business Visitor Visa), your primary intention must be to secure funding so that you can join, set up, or take over, and be actively involved in the running of, a business in the UK.
In order to qualify to come to the United Kingdom as a prospective entrepreneur, you must be able to satisfy the following requirements:
(1) You must be able to show that one or more of the following organisations are supporting your application and are considering funding your proposed business:
- Invitation Letter from one or more registered venture capitalist firms regulated by the Financial Services Authority;
- Invitation Letter from one or more UK entrepreneurial seed funding competitions which are listed as ‘endorsed’ on the UK Trade & Investment website; or
- Invitation Letter from one or more UK government departments.
The total amount of proposed funding must be at least £50,000.
(2) You must also be able to show that:
- you are aged 18 or over;
- you intend to leave the UK at the end of your visit, unless by that time you have successfully applied to switch into Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) of the points-based system;
- you have enough money to support and accommodate yourself without working or help from public funds, or you and any dependants will be supported and accommodated by relatives or friends;
- you can meet the cost of the return or onward journey; and
- You are not in transit to a country outside the ‘Common Travel Area’ (Ireland, the UK, the Isle of Man and the Channel Islands).
HOW LONG YOU CAN STAY
This is special business visitor visa route enables prospective entrepreneurs to enter the UK for a maximum of 6 months so that they can secure funding to meet the financial criteria for a Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) Visa.
If you want to bring your family members, including your husband or wife, civil partner, unmarried partner or children with you to the UK, then they will need to apply to come to the UK as a General visitor or Child visitor.
FURTHER INFORMATION, HELP, AND ADVICE
Wings Global Navigator team of specialists will help you to design your full application process Please contact +44 (0) 2030020952 or Email firstname.lastname@example.org